Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Documents submitted


So I’ve been really busy with my medicals basically. The day after I got my email, I started working on my medicals. I had blood tests for anemia  and hepatitis b, because these 2 don’t have a lot of symptoms so I wanted to be on the safe side.
I didn’t do The blood tests for HIV, Syphilis, and turberculose  because I was certain I had none of them.
Then I went to do some of the vaccinations, we had like 13 to do >.< So I did 3 of them.
Then my friend who is already there as an emirates cabin crew told me that I should do the vaccinations in Dubai when I get there because it’s a lot cheaper so that’s what I’m going to do.
Then I went to the dentist. There’s a whole list of what’s unacceptable for them when it comes to your teeth. Especially caries. I hadn’t been to the dentist for like 5 years (I guess I’m definitely not the only one who hates the dentist), so I was worried my teeth would need a lot of work.
To my relief, the dentist (who is totally a dentist with a degree I promise) said my teeth were perfect, and need nothing at all to do. YAY
Then I went to scan all the forms and upload them. Today I got my passport so I uploaded that too.
I submitted all of my documents on friday 8 august, and now I’m waiting for the awaited  ”Final Approval”.
I got a request for the dental standards so they are as follows:
1. Teeth should be free from cavities/caries/decay and all necessary fillings completed.
2. Roots etc. should have been removed and sockets clean, uninfected and healthy.
3. Temporary fillings are not acceptable.
4. Gingiva and oral cavity to be free from infection and disease.
5. Teeth should be free from plaque, scaled and polished. Good level of periodontal health.
6. Crown and bridgework, if present, should be in good condition.
7. Dentures, if applicable, should be in good condition.
8. Root canal treatment should be complete and satisfactory.
9. Wisdom teeth which are normally symptom-free (i.e. which do not compromise adjacent teeth or do not create recurrent infections) do NOT require removal.
10. Gaps/missing teeth do not need to be replaced by bridges etc. if posterior and unnoticeable.
11. Dentition should be of cosmetically acceptable appearance.
And of course they need the dentist's signature and a report saying that you are dentally fit, or not.

48 days left :D :D

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! Found your blog through the cabincrew.com forums. First of all, congratulations!

    I'd like to ask a question if you don't mind. You mention they have a huge list of unacceptable things regarding teeth. Is it all health-related or do they have any cosmetic/appearance requirements that you should meet? I am aware of the "cosmetically acceptable" standard but this is pretty vague. Since my teeth aren't perfectly straight, I'd like to know if they have anything in particular mentioned about that. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Silvia thank you :) ok sure, I'm going to edit this post and add the dental standards so everything would be clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Jenny! I'll keep trying with EK since I only tried once before and I had more than one person tell me my teeth would be fine with them. Hopefully we'll meet in Dubai some day :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete