Saturday, September 27, 2014

First weekend

So on friday morning I got to the airport checked in my bags which were 6 kilos overweight but the guy on the desk knew I was a new joiner and he allowed my overweight bags. Then I met my 4 friends who were joining as well and we waited together.
Then we got on the plane, I had already booked my seat online to be able to sit by the window and I told the crew that I'm a new joiner and they were all so nice and the purser came to meet us and talk to us a bit (he's lebanese as well). Then they took us to the kitchen and took some photos for us wearing the famous hat.



When we arrived we met the marhaba staff who guided us through everything. 


Then we went to sign some stuff at the HR department and to give them our passport with 2 photographs. Then we got a ride to the hotel, it was really nice that we didn't even have to carry any of our baggages not one second, everyone was taking good care of us and being super nice and sweet.
Some people would nag about staying at a hotel temporarily because you have to pack then unpack, but we're all so lucky and excited. Half of us already know each other and became close friends already. Plus we got everything in the apartments, plates glasses ironing board and an iron, TV plus the free wifi and the cleaning services (we don't have to clean a thing) so yup we're lucky. 
They told us we're going to be here for at least a month because there are no available accommodations at the moment so we're more than fine with that. The hotel is like 5 minutes away from the training college so we have the privilege of not waking up too early to get there.
My flatmate is australian called Fiona, she's so nice we get along very well. 
Today we went out like 10 of us to dubai mall, it's too huge that we took a day to actually see a quarter of it. Then we went to a supermarket close to the hotel and we bought some stuff and went back to the hotel. I still can't feel my feet!!!
Tomorrow is our first day of induction, I was lucky that my training shift starts at 12 and not 6:30 like other batches. Although on the first week of induction we all have to go to the training college at 6:30.
We have some documents to fill for tomorrow, some of us were gathered at a friend's apartment and we filled them together.
We also have to wear formal clothes for tomorrow, and we have to take an item that reminds us of home. 
Well that was a super detailed post, so I'm going to bed now so I can actually wake up tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty element of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to claim that I get actually loved account your weblog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing on your feeds or even I success you access persistently rapidly. kingsmedicalcenter.ae/

    ReplyDelete